Computers Pt. 2
Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- What is the name of the inventor of the first computer?
- a) Charlie Babbage
- b) Charles Cabbage
- c) Charlie Cabbage
- d) Charles Babbage
- In the first electronic computers, what were the electronic switching devices called?
- a) Vacuum Cleaners b) Transistors
- c) Vacuum Tubes d) Microprocessors
- What is the language of 1s and 0s that computers are able to understand called?
- c) Binary Code d) None of the above
- Rearrange the letters of DOG in binary code to read GOD? Put the Binary Code below
→01100111 01101111 01100100
- True or False: The first electronic computers cost millions of dollars.
- a) True b) False
- Which piece of hardware made personal computers possible, and more affordable in the 1960s?
- a) CPUs b) Transistors
- c) Vacuum Tubes d) Motherboards
|WORD||DEFINITION||YOUR OWN SENTENCE|
|Parts that operates the machine. The part needs to be powered by electricity.||There was a mechanical issue.|
|complex||An area of different and congested parts.||The computer tower was a complex one.|
|coding||The process is entering a special keyword into something.||I was coding to control my robot.|
- Explain: What do you think computers of the future will be like? What will be different from our computers now?
→ All computers will not be bulky but will be thin as paper. Mice will be long gone and will be replaced with a digital mouse.