Food in China – Questions
Highlight the correct answer for each question.
1) How often do Chinese people buy fresh vegetables and fruit?
Daily or from day to day
2) Chinese food consists of which four food groups?
Grains, vegetables, fruit and meat.
3) Rice is eaten more in which part of China?
4) Why do Chinese people not eat a lot of milk & dairy products?
Because most of the population is lactose and tolerant.
5) In a Chinese diet how many meals will contain rice?
Almost all of them.
6) What happens to someone who does not eat all of their rice?
They will marry someone with a pimple-scarred face.
7) Every grain of rice is described as “a hardship of labour”. What do those words mean?
To do hard labour
|Hardship||Definition: To suffer|
|Labour||Definition: Doing hard work (mostly physical work)|
8) What do you think is meant by “a hardship of labour” now?
A sign of respect for doing the work?
EXTRA) Do your family practice using tea or different herbs to help with health? If they do, tell me about them!