Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- The technique of looking for and locating objects on the shore to navigate is called?
- a) Navigation
- b) Dead Reckoning
- c) Piloting
- d) Lighthouses
2.What is dead reckoning?
- a) Using objects on the shore to navigate
- b) Recording how far you have travelled in each direction based on a fixed point
- c) Using the stars and Sun to decide which way to go
- d) Making dead people decide which way to go
- Using the Sun, Moon, and stars to navigate is called?
- a) Celestial movement b) Global Positioning System
- c) Celestial Navigation d) none of the above
- Explain, in your own words, how you think GPS (Global Positioning Systems) work.
→GPS uses satellites to track your location. The information from the satellites then go to the receiver aka your phone.
- True or False: Submarines use high frequency radiation to navigate underwater.
- a) True b) False
- What are the people outside of an aircraft who help navigate planes called?
- a) Pilots b) Navigators
- c) Air Traffic Controllers d) Playstation Controllers
|WORD||DEFINITION||YOUR OWN SENTENCE|
|celestial||Using directions from the sky.||My ancestors used celestial navigation.|
|global||Relating to the world.||Global warming is important.|
|compass||A device with a magnetic pointer to point to directions.||I used my compass to go back home.|